- We welcome boys and girls from Claydon, Barham, Great Blakenham and the surrounding villages, or those who attend the schools in those villages. If the number of children on the waiting list for any section is greater that the number of places available, the order of entry will be at the discretion of the leaders.Priority will be given to Beavers moving to Cubs and to Cubs moving to Scouts and then for girls moving across from Rainbows to Cubs or Brownies to Scouts.
- Youngsters who have been on the waiting list for Beavers but were not offered a place will have their application carried forward to the Cub list.
- Youngsters who were on a waiting list but who did not take up an offered place, or whose names were withdrawn, will have to re-apply for the next waiting list.
- We will assist with the transfer of a child to a different group, if they have space and youngster and parents or guardian wishes to transfer.
- We will ensure the moral, spiritual and physical development of your child.
- We will offer a wide range of activities.
- We will develop your child’s leadership skills.
- We will encourage involvement in the local community.
- When possible, we will provide specialist skills, sports and technical knowhow.
- We will provide fun for the children and their families.
- The Scout Group and Guide Association units, as a whole, are committed to all the members.
- As a parent of a boy or girl in the Scout Association, you are automatically a member of the Scout Council for the Group. A Scout Group is led by a Group Scout Leader and managed by a Group Executive Committee. This is accountable to the Group Council for the satisfactory running of the Group. You will be expected, as members of the Council, to attend the Annual General Meeting and abide by its policies.
- The Scout Group along with the Guide Association units have a licence to operate from the building, known as the Headquarters. You will be expected to support maintenance activities and fund-raising events.
- In order to fulfil the legal requirements of the Children’s Act, so that you can help as and when required at the evening sessions, trips, camps etc., each parent and/or legal guardian please complete one of the attached OH/DBS forms. These will only be filed when we have a place for your son or daughter.
- Please pay term fees when they are due. Any youngsters whose fees are not paid by week three of the half term, will be deemed to have left. Subs paid after this time may be subject to a penalty of £2 per half term. If there is a problem concerning fees, please speak with the section leader or the Group Treasurer. You will also be asked to complete a Gift Aid form to we can claim funds from the Government based on term fees paid.
- Please ensure regular attendance, to be fair to those on the waiting lists. If a young person is absent for 3 weeks, without a reason being offered, they will be considered as left on the 4th week. Please advise the section leader if you son or daughter decides to leave a section, A list of section leaders details is attached.
- For their own safety, all Beavers and Cubs must be delivered to and collected from the HQ door, not the car park. Please ensure that a leader is there before leaving your child. Our responsibility begins and ends at the door. Children will not be released from the door unless a recognised adult accompanies them.
- You will be asked as a parent to help at one evening meeting per term for Beavers and Cubs. Each section leader will share a rota.
All three sections charge the same subscriptions, which are currently £18.00 per half term, which is deemed late by the 4th week, (please see above). Subscriptions can be paid termly, £36.00 or annually at £108.00. Once paid, any increase during the period prepaid would be voided.
Please remember that all the leaders are unpaid volunteers and that they have families, jobs and other commitments. They are here because of their enthusiasm for Scouting. In addition they attend training and planning sessions over and above their weekly section meetings. Please encourage them by your support so that we can all benefit from the adventure that is Scouting.
Yours in Scouting
Group Scout Leader